Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Advent Breath Prayer: You Are My Hope


Advent Breath Prayer: Hope, Dec 1

“For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.” – Psalm 71:5

Inhale: "You are my hope"
Exhale: "My trust .”
Slowly breathe in and breathe out God's Word in short pauses through the day.

The journey of Advent involves walking slowly in prayerful reflection. It is not only to reflect upon the present and to anticipate God's unfolding grace in the future. But it is also a time to reflect upon the past through the lens of faith. As you go through the day, reflect through the past weeks, months, and even years and consider experiences where God gave you hope. God's faithfulness still goes ahead of you today. What current situation are you hoping God will speak into? Are you trusting God is present and listening? How might God's Spirit be leading you to a new place of hope?

Lord, you are my hope and trust. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment