Monday, December 7, 2015

Advent Breath Prayer: The Little Things


Advent Breath Prayer: Dec 7

“His authority shall grow continually, and there shall be endless peace for the throne of David and his kingdom. He will establish and uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time onwards and for evermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.” - Isaiah 9: 7

Inhale: “Uphold peace”
Exhale: “Through me.”

Breathe in and breathe out God’s word throughout the day in short pauses.

The pilgrimage towards the manger shows a path of peace that will be upheld with justice and righteousness. The peace of God is tethered to righting our wrongs and guiding us to lean more into God’s faithfulness.

Peace also hinges upon the little things.
Henri Nouwen asks “Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions.”

Dear God, guide me to offer peace in the little things today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment